The repertoire is growing all the time and covers a wide range of popular and light classical music from 1850 to the 1960s.
Programme content can be tailor-made for the occasion if enough notice is given to organise arrangements.
Recent programmes have included:
• A Tribute to the Music of Richard Rodgers
• The Golden Age of Stage and Screen
• various seasonal programmes
• A French Collection
• A Palm Court Party
• A Festival of English Light Music
• The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
• music to accompany silent movies and other general programmes
The Ensemble has recently recorded the soundtrack for a new short horror movie, Zombie Harvest.
All the ensemble’s musicians have solo items that enhance the programme variety and when circumstances permit, a solo singer is engaged.
Schools presentations and community concerts are targeted to the specific audience, as is the repertoire for orchestral and band coaching sessions.